Monday 25 March 2013

GAY: A$AP Rocky on 'the gay thing"


Talking to Interview magazine, A$AP recently said that he wants to use his platform to tell people his thoughts on 'the gay thing'. 
“So now that I’m here and I’ve got a microphone in my hand and about 6,000 people watching me, I need to tell them how I feel," he said. "For instance, one big issue in hip hop is the gay thing. It’s 2013, and it’s a shame that, to this day, that topic still gets people all excited. It’s crazy. And it makes me upset that this topic even matters when it comes to hip hop, because it makes it seem like everybody in hip hop is small-minded or stupid -- and that’s not the case."
He also said that there are many people in the hip-hop world who do not think like that - Jay Z, Kanye West, and himself. He also said that he treats everybody equal, and wants to make sure that his followers and listeners do the same if they want to represent him.
"I treat everybody equal, and so I want to be sure that my listeners and my followers do the same if they’re gonna represent me. And if I’m gonna represent them, then I also want to do it in a good way.”
It's good to see more support coming from the straight hip hop community - especially after the beauty that is Frank Ocean coming out last year. Hi5 to A$AP.

More photos from his Interview shoot below:




Photography: Craig McDean
Styling: Sarah Ellison



No comments:

Post a Comment